No homeowner sets out to receive a mortgage foreclosure notice, but as we all know, it can happen. Defaulting on a mortgage is the most common reason for homeowners receiving a foreclosure notice. A common belief about foreclosure is that the homeowner has done something wrong, resulting in the foreclosure. Such perceptions do not form a complete picture of all of the circumstances surrounding foreclosure. There are legitimate reasons for defaulting on a mortgage. If you have received a foreclosure notice, or fear that you may soon receive one, we recommend that you contact us. Kallemeyn & Kallemeyn Law Firm is a trusted Foreclosure Attorney in Anoka County, MN.
Legal Support for a Mortgage Foreclosure
We have the expertise in real estate law that can help you resolve your issue. If you are in need of legal assistance regarding a possible or imminent mortgage foreclosure, there is no substitute for legal experience. We can help you as you take a legal stand on your own behalf.
There are many legitimate reasons for defaulting on a mortgage. Some of them include the following:
- One or more aspects of the sale was faulty, leaving your house in a dilapidated condition.
- Your mortgage payment might have increased as a result of an unexpected adjustment.
- You have suffered a severe reduction in pay or have lost your job.
- You have suffered a catastrophic illness or injury that prevents you from meeting the obligations of your mortgage.
- If you are going through a financially debilitating divorce, your financial capacity for meeting the obligations of your mortgage may suffer.
- Your home has suffered extensive damage from a fire, storm damage, or other unforeseen circumstances.
Of course, no list of potential legitimate reasons can be exhaustive. If you do not see yourself in any of the items in the list above, you may still have a legitimate reason for defaulting on your mortgage loan. We recommend that you contact us if you have defaulted on your loan or are in danger of defaulting on your loan.
Experienced Foreclosure Lawyer in Anoka County, MN
Receiving a foreclosure notice is likely to cause stress and fear. But the legal team at Kallemeyn & Kallemeyn can help you with any and all issues related to mortgage default. Our knowledge of Minnesota real estate law gives us the perspective to help you answer the questions you have and relieve the stress you are feeling. To open the lines of communication, call us at (763) 427-5131. We will be happy to help you however we can.