The legal team at Kallemeyn & Kallemeyn can assist you with the very complicated process of navigating divorce, including determining child-support, dividing property and debt, and helping you take the right next steps following your divorce. We are devoted to serving divorcing people in the Minnesota communities of Blaine, Coon Rapids, and Andover, can help you move forward with your life in the most positive way possible. Lisa Kallemeyn is a family law attorney who provides expert advice, advocacy, and legal assistance to divorcing couples.
Determining child support, division of debts and property, and other of the many aspects of divorce can be very complex. Laws change periodically, and you deserve a legal advocate who not only has expertise, but works hard to keep current on Minnesota divorce law. Divorcing couples have disagreements, and because the stakes tend to be higher when divorce becomes imminent, it is all the more important for you to be able to trust the intentions and the professionalism of your legal representative. You can count on the Kallemeyn team to be a trustworthy, reliable, and professional source of advocacy for you as you proceed through your divorce. When we are in a situation characterized by conflict, such as divorce, we can lose perspective. But our team can help you to restore a healthy perspective so that the significance of divorce does not become all consuming.
Some of the specific areas of divorce that tend to require assistance include the following:
● Dividing debts, such as credit cards and unsecured debt.
● Settling ownership of automobiles and other high-value property.
● Properly assigning retirement assets.
● Separating financial assets like savings and other investments.
● Determining who will keep personal property that was before owned by both.
● Reconciling and filing income taxes that are impacted by your divorce.
● Determining who keeps the house and becomes responsible for the mortgage, when applicable.
Legal Support for Navigating Your Divorce
If you have children, we at Kallemeyn & Kallemeyn can help you there too. There are three main areas of support courts consider when deciding on child support:
● Basic support (for such things as shelter and food; living arrangements; school costs; clothing, etc.).
● Medical (which goes to general health, dental coverage, and insurance co-pays and prescriptions.
If you are going through a divorce and live in Blaine, Coon Rapids, Andover, or any other nearby community in Minnesota, give us a call at 763-427-5131 and we’ll be happy to schedule a time for you to tell us more about your situation. You can also email us, if that’s preferable to you: Lisa Kallemeyn has devoted her entire legal practice to family law and can be reached directly at email@example.com.