I have a philosophy about the use of Minnesota’s ICAN legal forms for divorce: if you have been married for less than 2 years, do not have significant joint debt, real estate, or children, USE THE FORMS!  The amount of money you will pay for divorce attorneys probably well exceeds the value of your marital estate.  Will you make mistakes? Probably.  Will these mistakes cost you more than what you would have paid an attorney? Probably not.  Just make sure all joint accounts (bank and credit cards) are closed and that you keep a certified copy of your decree around for reference.